Cambusnethan Priory is located in Wishaw, North Lanarkshire. This A-listed Gothic Revival was built in 1820 and designed by James Gillespie Graham. Today, only the sandstone outer structure remains due to a fire in the 1980s. Thankfully, some of the original gothic details still remain and are part of this culturally significant ruin.
The current champion, the Friends of Cambusnethan Priory, are in the process of preparing a multi-purpose visitor centre for a Clyde Walkway and Community Park at Cambusnethan Priory. The visitor centre itself would be located on the lower ground floor, which is currently three-quarters intact, and would have a variety of distinct spaces with different uses such as a cafe, wedding venue, conference room, and an area to display the history of the Priory and general history of the surrounding Clyde Valley.
Support this project and then learn more about the Friends of Cambusnethan Priory at their website https://www.cambusnethanpriory.com.